In 1982 Daikin launched its first Variable Refrigerant Volume (VRV) air conditioner, since then Daikin has continued to invest heavily in research and development, leading the way in air conditioning technology and innovation with each generation of VRV systems bringing new and improved models and a wider product pool to suit the ever changing market diversity.
The VRV IV is the epitome of Daikin’s commitment to continuously innovating and enhancing the range, performance, reliability and flexibility of our VRV air-conditioning systems. The result is a total variable refrigerant volume air conditioning solution with large outdoor capacities, compact design, flexible installation and state of the art energy saving technology (VRT) with greater efficiency than ever before.
- Large capacity inverter scroll compressor made with high strength material and utilizing a thixocasting process housed in a compact casing, 12 class (33.5 kw) compressor utilizing an 8 class (22.4 KW) case.
- Thixocasting allows the adoption of a thin spiral design, the compression volume is increased by 50% enabling greater performance gains.
- Compressor uses compact concentrated motor windings, resulting in smaller coil ends that help reduce winding resistance and improve motor efficiency at Low RPM range. This is a key factor that contributes to VRV IV high COP while being able to maintain low operation noise, optimal comfort and climate conditions.
- Daikin’s jump from a 4 pole motor to a 6 pole motor with 50% more neodymium magnets from previous models is able to efficiently deliver more torque and operate at greater efficiency particularly at low loads.
- Low operation noise thanks to an increase in heat exchanger area coupled with a stream line grille design and scroll fan that promotes swirling airflow discharge to reduce vibration and pressure loss.
- Increase heat exchanger surface area of up to 24% over previous models for greater heat transfer efficiency while maintaining a compact installation space.
- VRV IV Inverter Power Module is Refrigerant cooled compared to its air cooled predecessor which results in more reliable operations particularly under high ambient conditions where system integrity may be affected.
- VRV IV Inverter PCB allows stepless frequency control of the compressor from 60 to 408Hz allows precise control to match the required capacity to load and in turn improving energy efficiency.
- Auto-Sequencing Technology: VRV IV unit sequencing operation is automatically enabled on startup and after each 8 hour period of operation to ensure balance operation of each outdoor unit to improve compressor longevity and stability.
You can download the latest VRV IV Product Brochure
Download Technical Documents
If you are a registered commercial user or a Daikin Dealer, you also have access to a full range of technical and support materials, including Engineering Data, Service and Installation Manuals via the Daikin Secure Portal.